- Planning and Building
- Building Information and Resources
Building Information and Resources
Pay for your permit online with a debit or credit card via our Permit Payment page.
*Minimum $2 or 2.5% convenience fee applies.
We can also accept checks made out to Columbia County Treasurer or exact cash mailed or delivered to our office located at:
Columbia County Planning and Building
114 S 2nd Street
Dayton, WA 99328
- Do I Need a Permit?
- Building Permit Applications
- Building Permit Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Energy Code Worksheets - Residential
- Energy Code Worksheet - Multi-Family
- Energy Code Resources - Commercial
- Energy Code Prescriptive Checklist
- Energy Code - Residential, Full Version
- Pre-application for Residential Construction (PDF)
- Climatic Criterion (PDF)
- Verify a Contractor
Please call (509) 382-3941 or email Clint Atteberry to request a building, mechanical or plumbing inspection. Please allow 24-hour notice.
Required inspections* include, but are not limited to:
- foundation walls
- underground plumbing installation and pressure test
- gas piping installation and pressure test
- rough plumbing installation and water line pressure test
- rough-in mechanical installation
- weatherproofing and framing
- drywall attachment
*Not all inspections are required for all permit types. Issued permits will list the required inspections.
Electrical inspections are performed by the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries and may be requested by visiting the Department of Labor and Industries website.
For water/septic inspections contact Andrew Maycumber by email or by calling (509) 524-2669.
Residential Design Requirements
Ground Snow Load: 30 pounds per square foot below 2,500 feet above mean sea level; call (509) 382-4676 for requirements greater than 2,500 feet above mean sea level as determined by Snow Load Analysis for Washington.
Wind speed: 110 miles per hour
Seismic Category: C
Weathering Probability for Concrete: Severe
Frost Line Depth: 18 inches
Termite Potential: slight to moderate
Winter Design Temperature: 6 degrees
Ice Barrier: Not required, but recommended
Flood Hazard: FIRM, adopted 1988
Air Freezing Index: 800
Climate Zone: 5b
Insulation: Ceiling - R49; Wood Frame Wall - R 21 or R13 + R10; Floor R30; Basement Wall and Crawl Space - R15/19
Adopted Building Codes
International Building Code, Standards and amendments 2018 - WAC 51-50
International Residential Code, Standards and amendments 2018 - WAC 51-51
International Mechanical Code, Standards and amendments 2018 - WAC 51-52
International Fire Code, Standards and amendments 2018 - WAC 51-54A
Uniform Plumbing Code, Standards and amendments 2018 - WAC 51-56