Property Tax Payments
Our online payment system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (system may be temporarily unavailable between 12:00 AM and 3:00 AM due to system updates). At the end of your transaction, you will be provided immediate payment confirmation and an option to print a receipt for your records.
A convenience fee is charged with each transaction made. Per RCW 36.29.190 the County cannot absorb the cost of electronic payments. The convenience fees are assessed and collected by the 3rd party agency handling the payments. Columbia County DOES NOT receive any of the transaction fees charged.
- Credit Cards - 2.5% of the tax amount for all credit cards. Same charge for Mastercard debit.
- VISA DebitCards - $3.95 per property tax transaction. ONLY VISA DEBIT offers this special program for tax payments.
- E-Check - $1.50 per transaction.
Have your property account number ready. Your account 'Property ID' number is located on your tax statement both at the top and on each payment coupon. Have your credit card ready or a copy of a check if you are using E-Check. Partial payments will not be processed and will result in your payment being returned.
If your payment is refused by the bank a $20 returned item fee will be added to your property tax account. From that point forward only a cashier's check, money order, or cash in person will be accepted for the balance due.
Tax certifications required under RCW 84.56 or RCW 84.60 cannot be issued until taxes are receipted into the Treasurer’s Office.
The Treasurer’s Office cannot accept a credit card payment to process excise affidavits, due to the three day processing period.
We DO NOT ACCEPT the following types of tender for online payments:
- Real Estate Line of Credit (RELOC) checks
- Convenience checks drawn on credit card accounts
- Home equity line of credit checks
- Travelers' checks and Money Orders
- Cashier's Checks and Treasurer's checks
ONLINE PAYMENTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR THOSE PROPERTIES IN FORECLOSURE. IF YOUR PARCEL IS INCLUDED IN THIS YEAR'S FORECLOSURE PROCEEDINGS, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICES FOR THE CORRECT AMOUNT DUE.