Court Staff Abilities
Court staff are able to provide help in the following areas:
- The status of a specific case, unless the case is sealed (not available for public inspection because of state law or a judge's decision)
- Access to a specific court file (in the clerk's office) for your review unless the case is confidential. If the case is confidential, you will need to obtain a court order to see the file.
- General information on court rules, procedures, and practices
- Some court-approved forms or tell you where you can find forms. There may be a charge for forms. Please be aware that there are not forms available for all legal proceedings. For access to some online forms please visit the State of Washington's website.
- Court schedules and information on how to get a court hearing scheduled
Court staff do not know the answers to all questions about court rules, procedures, and practices. They have been instructed not to answer questions if they do not know the correct answer. View staff restrictions
For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact the clerk's office at (509) 382-4321.