- Regular Meetings are held at 5:30 pm on the first Tuesday of each month in the Columbia County Commissioner's office at 311 E Main Street, Dayton, WA
- Special Meetings are scheduled with at least 24 hours notice.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available upon request, contact CSB secretary.
Minutes are available following approval by the Board.
Civil Service Commissioner's terms are four year terms after completion of the initial term served.
- Member Number 1 - Stan Hoyecki, Chairman - Term Expires 8/10/2027
- Member Number 2 - Dani Boen - Term Expires 8/10/2025
- Member Number 3 - Steve Tapio - Term Expires 8/10/2023
Civil service in local government seeks to curb political favoritism and remove the coercive pressures that once caused public employees to contribute money and time to partisan political candidates, to the detriment of the work for which they were paid.
Civil service state laws help assure that firefighters and law enforcement officers are recruited through open competition, hired and promoted on the basis of merit, and are demoted, suspended, removed from office, or discharged only for cause.